Monday, August 22, 2011

Red For A Chocolate Goddess

Good Day Beauties!

tea.elle.pea 2011
I'm so ready for Autumn...totally over this heat & humidity.  I embrace all that nature has for us, however, I'd prefer Spring/Autumn any day.  From a fashion standpoint, Autumn brings, cardigans, corduroys, and fly ass boots. It's soooo much easier to dress and wear your threads comfortably during the cooler months.  From a science (y'all know I'm a science geek) standpoint, Autumn continues the seasonal cycle by returning the leaves back to the ground and provide nourishment to the earth.  Before they become food for soil dwelling organisms, they provide us with a gorgeous color spectrum show.  Displaying a myriad of red, orange, yellow, and brown hues.  Basically, they're going out with a bang! LOL.  To me, nature allows us to see the beauty in death via this season.  But I digress.

Change of season means a change in clothes, hair, and even makeup.  My hair is short and curly now, but this time last year is when I started twisting or braiding it.  I usually polish my nails/toe-nails some tone of red.  I wanna be a lil' edgy this Autumn and switch my everyday nude lip color for a bang-up RED. Yup, chocolate goddesses can rock that red too...hehehe.  I'm just unsure of what shade would compliment my skin-tone. Should I be looking for a deep red hue (burgundy...or like my husband says, Cranberry lol) or should I be looking for something reminiscent of a fire truck? IDK.  Suggestions please and thank you.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the season of fall as well, I think for your complexion deep reds are a "MUST"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so i've been researching (i.e., google-ing lol) brown beauties wearing red lips. Suggestions thus far: russian red by MAC and Cherry Bomb by the Queen Latifah CoverGirl brand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...