Tuesday, August 23, 2011

An Earthquake In NYC

Say it ain't so! Oh, it's SO!  Yup, the east coast had an earthquake....5.8 on the richter scale.  I was at my mom's house with the ninjas, we were actually about to take them for a walk because they were set trippin in the house lol.  As I'm putting my sandals on I began to feel as though I was under water.  Like instant vertigo.  I payed it no mind and chucked it up to me being extremely sleepy.  Then my mom said, "OMG Tea, look at my plants!" They were swaying like palm trees and no windows were open.  I was looking around like, what the?!  Then I noticed her fish tank...it had waves in it! I couldn't believe it!  I was like this is cray cray!!  After about 20 seconds her building stopped shaking.  I grabbed ninja boy and she grabbed muno and we got the hell outta dodge.

We took the steps (glad she lives on the 4th floor).  Everyone was outside with the "shocked" face.  Now, I know that a 5.8 is poppy-cock to the west coast dwellers, but round here...NYC...Queens, a 5.8 earthquake is an "ahhhh run for your life" event lol.  Anyway, I'm just happy everyone is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...