Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Sofa Pillows

I went to the fabric store Sunday and found this gorgeous black and white/silvery patterned upholstery material.  As soon as I walked in it caught my attention and I automatically knew what it would be used for...new sofa pillows!  Im usually reserved with the prints I choose but I'm trying new things.  I purchased 4 yards since it was only...wait for it...wait for it...$1.99/yd.  OMGeezy!  Is what I thought to myself.  I asked the sales associate to bring the bolt to the cutting table for me.

I was soooo excited when I got home.  I did all my wifely/motherly duties and once the ninjas were down for the night, I got to work.  I measured each pillow at 21'' X 21" (giving myself a 1" seam allowance). Sewed up 3 sides completely and sewed the 4th side from each corner, leaving a 5 inch opening in the middle (for stuffing).  I used poly-fil to stuff the pillows and then top-stiched the opening close.  Voila!

1 comment:

  1. Where can I put in my order??? I LOVE THE DESIGN!!! You have a great idea..so ahem...back to my order, soooo Im looking for fall inspired colors...Golden Yellows, Burnt oranges...With sleek, warm patterns. Please be in touch! Pls thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...