Monday, August 1, 2011

The Interior Designer Is Bizack!

Yup, I'm back in the building! Grandma, Sheree, and I went fabric shopping this past friday.  We had a blastski! All 3 of us love to create so it was fun to pick each other's brain for tips and techniques.   I found an adorable turquoise and kiwi pom-pom trim for the ninjas room. A gorgeous tiffany blue podesua fabric and some glamtastic  beaded trim found me (I promise I wasn't looking for it) while I was helping Gram look for her material LOL.   I intend on making 2 bead-trimmed valances or scarves for the windows in my bedroom. I'm so not big on valances, but there were a few on display at the fabric store and I just fell in love with the flow of the fabric.

Since Friday, I have been on a relocate, redesign, revamp rampage! This rush of creative adrenaline feels great and motivates me to continue to challenge my creativity.  Go beyond what i'm used to making.  Dare myself to choose a large-scale pattern fabric with bold colors.  Challenge me to create what I want to see. The reward of creating something is for the finished product to be your idea, as you saw it in your head, in physical form.  At least  thats just what I believe, but anyway. This behavior makes me think of my college days when I would stay up all night creating something for my apartment.  Table centerpieces,  sofa pillows, chair slipcovers, artwork, etc.  My creative juices are flowing.  Yesterday while the ninjas napped, I relocated 3 pieces of furniture to my living room as well as created a sitting area for us to put-on/take off our shoes.  Pictures coming soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...